Location : Luangwa
Position : Loan Officer
Reports to : Branch Manager
Minimum Qualification : Tertiary education
Umino Community Loan Services is a registered micro-finance company in Zambia limited by guarantee that currently operates in Lusaka Province of Zambia. The mission of UMINO is to improve the living standards of the local, rural people by providing fair, sustainable and professional microfinance services with a charitable intent by granting loans to farmers or small businesses in rural areas of Zambia to kick-start something new or to extend an existing operation. Receivers of the loans are individuals. Loans are given for investments
with the aim that these investments generate directly income for the loan taker.
The Company currently operates from 2 branches in Rufunsa and Luangwa with the head office being in
The loan officer will be responsible for receiving loan applications, assessing business plans and conducting follow up visits with clients. Additionally, the loan officer will be required to compose weekly working plans and any other duties assigned by supervisor.
1. Ability to ride a motorbike is a must.
2. Full Grade 12 Certificate with credits in English and Mathematics.
3. Minimum qualification – Tertiary education in any field of study
4. Attention to detail is a must.
5. Trustworthy, Self-motivated and can work under minimal supervision.
6. Very high reliability, integrity and efficient working style
7. Basic knowledge in operating Microsoft office package tools
8. Good spoken English and interpersonal skills.
1. Creates and manages own loan portfolio
2. Marketing and selling company products and services to customers
3. Complete and correct loan assessment based on the guidelines and forms
4. Present supportable business ideas with a proper and complete loan request to the Branch Manager 5. Independent accompanying of active loans by regular on-site visits as per guidelines
6. Coaches loan receivers and valuates business activity along the on-site visits
7. Keeps Branch Manager updated regarding performance of his/her loan portfolio, so that possible
problems can be tackled pro-actively.
The Loan Officer reports to the Branch Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae should be sent to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th September 2019 at 12:00hrs
UMINO is an equal opportunities employer.